Saturday, January 18, 2014

Satellite Dish in the Center Turning Lane...

I was driving to work this morning and on the traffic news for Sacramento I hear "There is a satellite dish in the center turn lane of..."  All I could think is...wow...someone is having a bad start to their day! How big is this dish?

I wanted coffee so I took a detour through the Starbucks drive-thru.  Yes, Starbucks...the evil chain of yummy deliciousness! And I was still pondering that satellite dish!  Patiently waiting for my turn to order, I am suddenly rear-ended in the drive thru! UGH!  I get out...there is a child(okay, he was probably 17 or so) behind me..his big brown eyes looking at me.  He is embarrassed!  No damage to either vehicle.  I think he was distracted by the attractive young lady handing out samples of tasty coffee to poor souls waiting in line at the drive-thru. And getting back in my car I thought...my reaction to the situation could be his satellite dish! If I had gotten out of my car and yelled at him...well, that would just suck! There isn't any damage done, yes, he was careless, but aren't we all at some point or another!

I paid for my "tall, double-shot white mocha", and I paid for his coffee as well. I am not telling you this to say...hey, look at me... I am telling you this because someone out there is having a worse day than you are having, than I am having, or had.  I have a "satellite in the center turning lane".  We all have one. Maybe today, you can do something to help someone with their satellite.  It may just clear up their reception, and yours!


4 comments:

Camiva Mom said...

Loved reading that! I love the analogy! Bless you sweet friend!

Mollie and the Minis said...

I love it. Great challenge. Thanks for sharing, Cheryl.

Unknown said...

WHAT?! YOu bought him Coffee!!
I'm SOOoooo unworthy!
Love you CD

Unknown said...

Now I have to prove I'm not a robot.....what if I am......