Friday, January 2, 2009

Truly Blessed!!

I went with a heavy heart. I had complained that it wasn't going to happen...I felt I needed it to happen. I felt I needed it. Then, there was the invite. Our monthly Mom's Night Out was back on thanks to the graciousness and willingness of two of our moms. But it was also by the grace of God that it happened. He knew I needed it. I have carried this heavy heart...and He knew where I could go to lighten my load. There were only six moms including myself. It was intimate enough to be able to share that I needed prayer...that my daughter needed prayer. And God showed me that I am doing something right in this world purely through forgiveness. Through our fellowship we shared victories and concerns. We shared laughter and we shared tears. And most importantly, we shared prayer!! I feel so full of His love right now I am shaking!! God is awesome!!
I now know that I can forgive the deeply wounding words thrust without care into my daughter's heart. I know through His love I can forgive this person whom my daughter so respects, for the words he spoke so harshly! And I pray that my daughter's heart will be healed as she learns to forgive as well. Please Lord, do not let these careless words build a wall around my loving child!!!

No comments: