Tuesday, May 4, 2021

 I forgot I had a blog. How does one forget they have a blog? I haven't had a lot to say since my little brother passed away in 2016. A lot of thoughts, but just no words. And about the time I felt I had something to say, the pandemic hit.  I was in Oklahoma seeing my second granddaughter's birth. Such an amazing experience to breath with your daughter as she labors giving birth to her daughter!

Anyway, the COVID trickle started. Stirrings and rumors on social media prompted me to buy a case of toilet paper from Amazon. Why toilet paper? I still don't understand that! But there were photos being posted of our local grocery store in Alaska of empty shelves especially the paper goods! So I ordere the TP! The Major was a bit surprised to come home to that package on the doorstep.

I also changed my travel plans. They were grand ones! A drive about the country seeing friends then visiting youngest daughter and her family. The driving got cancelled. I flew straight to youngest daughters. And I bought more toilet paper on Amazon...just in case.

A week later I am on a plane flying back home to Alaska. SEATAC was a ghost town. It was eerie. A year later I was again at SEATAC...during "snowmageddon"! Flights cancelled, people packed in etc. 

The political atmosphere has kept me from writing anything. Everyone has their views. I have mine. All I know is this...God has a reason for everything. 

So, all that to say, I have a plan to write more. We shall see. In the meantime, be safe, be strong, be you, be loved!

No comments: